Mary Ann Riesenberg, Director of Strategic Initiatives
Role and Expertise
Hi, I’m Mary Ann, director of strategic initiatives. In this role, I help Orin identify and execute strategic initiatives and projects in support of our vision, mission, and objectives. My job is to support our core values by continuously evaluating and evolving our people, processes, and technology to remain the best in our industry.
I have more than 30 years experience working in non-profit and for-profit organizations, providing audit, accounting and compliance-related services and advising on the development of internal controls, including fraud and operational risk management practices.
I served as AARP’s chief ethics and compliance officer and was responsible for developing and leading its ethics and compliance and enterprise risk management programs. I also worked as a CPA for Deloitte & Touche LLP. In my various roles, my leadership duties included supervising employees, project and cost management, and working directly with senior management, the board of directors and external auditors on sensitive matters.
Education, Certifications, and Other Accomplishments
- BS in Accounting from the University of Maryland, Magna Cum Laude.
- Board Member, Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair, Nonprofit Risk Management Center
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional
- Certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor
- Certified Bill.com Expert
- Certified Aero User