Orin Schepps, Owner and CEO
Role and Expertise
Hi, I’m Orin, owner and chief executive officer. I founded Consultance Accounting in 2008 with a desire to change the way accounting services were provided. Since then, Consultance Accounting has become a trusted trailblazer for accounting technology innovation.
I spent several years in public accounting and served as controller and chief financial officer for numerous privately held companies. I’ve worked for Fortune 500 companies in accounting and finance-related positions. My wide range of experience led me to identify “people, process and technology” solutions that significantly improve accounting operations and allow business leaders to focus on what matters most. I have found my passion in helping not-for-profits, associations, and small to medium-sized for profit businesses achieve their missions and goals!
Education, Certifications, and Other Accomplishments
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Maryland
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member of the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Active volunteer in the greater Washington, DC metropolitan area.
- Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor